Mental health illness
Mental health should be today everyone’s first priority with this ever-growing world at such a fast pace but sadly mental health has become a matter of shame and a social stigma attached to it. Mental illness is much more important than we know. Taking a break from things, prioritizing oneself, spending time with yourself, and things you love and want to achieve. However, every person is so busy socializing, and working that they are ready to sacrifice their mental and physical health.
Mental illness is a result of various traumatic individuals that a person faces, making him/her give up and opt to be vulnerable and depressed. Today many people around us suffer from anxiety and depression, the most common mental illness, but we as unaware citizens are unable to find it but only knowing at the time of the news of their suicide. Thus important having the courage to take up steps to fight against mental illness is important–
Therapies– therapy is the most effective way to fight the battle against mental illness. Therapy is a connection between the therapist and the client, where such an environment is provided to the client so that he/she can talk about the things that disturbed them and their mental piece. These discussions are very important because today we fail to communicate and understand their importance. A person suffering from a mental illness wants a place where they can share their things without having a fear of being judged, abused, or ridiculed. Thus therapies are the most recommended treatment for people suffering from mental illnesses like-
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Eating disorder
Medications– usually therapies don’t work out when the person is too depressed and ill, and thus appropriate medications at intervals with proper diet and workout are prescribed by the doctor. These medications can be strong and should be taken only when advised by the doctor. Making it very essential for the person to be regular and precise with their medications.
Let us highlight the feelings that a person undergoes when mental peace is disrupted-
- Being a burden
- Being a mess
- No motivation
- Burnt out
- A feeling of being of no use
Ways to ensure mental peace
- Focus on positivity– positives are very important, usually, a person suffering from mental illness is bound to be surrounded only by negative thoughts thus looking at everything with the eye of positivity is essentially
- Spending time around family and loved ones – connecting with loved ones is really important, a feeling of being loved, appreciated, and respected is something that makes a person calm and emotional.
- Being appreciative and thankful– being polite, kind, and respectful is really important. When the person goes through mood swings he tends to say things that they don’t mean adding up and disrupt their mental piece. Thus appreciating the people around you by looking into their efforts is necessary.
- Focus on work– mental illness makes your mind a mess causing difficulty in being productive at the workplace, thus focusing on work, the hard work, and intelligence to put in. A person working on a daily basis, views work as a way of realizing their pressure thus focusing on work is really important.
- Workout– releasing all the stress in sweat is a really important workout that can be a walk of ten minutes or intensive training. What one needs is sweat and fresh air to reside all the stress.
- Facing fears with a heads up – life is not easy, at every step there come challenges when a person needs to get afraid but face it with all the confidence keeping the head up and believing in oneself. It is important to understand it’s just a phase and would pass if we tackle it with heads up.
- Proper routine– ensuring a night of proper sleep, intake of healthy food, and a routine are really important. Sleep is as important as anything because our mind and body cells get charged up when provided with enough sleep it makes our body charged up and ready to face challenges.
- Reading – books are the best source of knowledge and can really be beneficial as it helps one to widen their mental space and learn new things, knowing about challenges people face. A very important way to divert oneself while learning valuable lessons through books and stories in it.
- Learn to respond to criticism– criticism is a part of life thus one must learn how to tackle criticism be it from people we don’t know or people who are closest to us. Thus converting criticism into constructive criticism can not only help you to grow but at the same time maintain your peace.
It is a need of the hour for our society to understand the fact that mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but is more common and hard to bear. The frequent trials to conceal mental pain results in exceeding it. Sadly even today it is easier to say “my stomach hurts” than to say “my heart is broken and mental peace disturbed.”