First, I will briefly outline the contents of this article. Next, we will learn how to access Asus laptop Boot Menu, how you can boot from USB, and how to disable/enable secured boot.
Booting refers to the process of loading the memory into the central processing units (CPUs) after you press the power key.
What is the Boot menu?
In this introduction, we’ve seen a glimpse into what the bootmenu can do. Select how you want access your operating systems.
FAQ: What is BIOS?
The microprocessor runs the BIOS (Basic input/output System) to turn on the computer. It controls data flow from the Operating System to all hardware, including hard disks, keyboards, and mice.
To access the Asus BIOS, press simultaneously the F2 Key after the power button has been pressed.
What’s a Boot Sequence.
A Boot Order, also known as a boot sequence, allows the computer’s to check all the devices, USB & Hard Disk. BIOS can be used in order to alter the Boot Order.
HTML3_ How can I open the boot Menu on Asus Laptops.
1 Turn on your laptop and simultaneously press the F8 button on the Keyboard.
2. Move to the correct boot options by using the arrow keys. Make sure to save your settings.
______ HTML0 HTML1
F12 boots menu allows your computer access the boot menu with the F12 key.
1. To enter the boot menu after you have pressed the power button, simultaneously press F8 on the keyboard.
2. The right arrow keys can be used to navigate to Main menu tab
3. Select the down-arrow to open the F12 Boot Menu.
4. To switch from Disabled, to Enabled, press Enter.
5. Save all changes and exit from the boot menu.
Asus Boot using USB
Laptops are defaulted to hard disk as their boot order. To start from USB, you’ll need to alter the BIOS priority list to USB.
Where can I modify the boot order.
1. Turn off your laptop.
2. In order to access the BIOS press the F2 keys simultaneously after the laptop/PC turns on.
3. Navigate towards the Boot menu tab with the arrow keys.
4 To adjust the priority ordering of the boot, use the up-and-down keyboard key. (Insert USB target option first in list).
5. Reclose the setup utility. Save all changes and exit BIOS.
Why do I have to use USB for booting?
These are the steps to allow you boot from USB.
1. The USB drive should be connected to your Asus computer.
2. To go to the BIOS menu on your laptop, press the F2 button simultaneously.
3. Navigate the boot order to assign the USB option priority.
4. Save modifications and exit BIOS.
Asus Secure Boot
- Secure Boot safeguards your laptops from malware and unauthorized media when they start.
- Safe boot is a feature that allows authorized OS to boot into your PC. The certificates it uses can be modified to authorise the permitted operating systems.
- You can enable/disable secure boot using BIOS settings.
1. Turn off your Asus laptop.
2. On the computer, turn it on and press F2 to open the BIOS.
3 Use arrow keys for navigation to Security.
4 Press the down key to select Set Supervisor Key. Now, press Enter.
Enter your password, and hit Enter.
6. You can click on the right mouse arrow key to choose Boot.
7. Enter Secure Boot.
8 Deactivate it and then press Enter
9. Click on yes by pressing F10.
2021 ASUS laptop boot using USB
ASUS laptops include the Zenbook Prime (K series), Zenbook Prime (Zenbook Prime) and Zenbook Prime (Zenbook Prime). Once you enable USB booting, these computers are fantastic to use with an usb operating system.
This procedure works for all Asus laptops made between 2010-2017.1) Turn off the computer.
(2) Turn on your computer. On the black screen, you will see a message saying ‘Press__ to set up’ or Press__ enter BIOS’
The should be F2 or DEL for an Asus notebook.3) Use your cursor keys for BOOT to change the UEFI setting to Disabled or Bios/Legacy mode.
4) Modify the Boot options to include USB Drives5) Save, Exit
Turn your computer off. Connect your usb flash drive to your computer. The computer will then start up to the usb.Windows 10 BIOS cannot be accessed
Turn off power and unplug the device. After it has cooled, reboot the machine.
Here’s a hint:
Hold down the Shift key and turn off your computer.
Hold on a second.
Hold down on the Bios entry keys (such as F2) to power the system.
Is it possible to restart my computer without starting BIOS? Enter BIOS and restart your computer
Scroll down to Section >Settings.
Update & Security: Search for and open
Recover from the error
Go to the Advance startup section. Select >Restart now.
Choose and open >Troubleshoot when in recovery mode.
Select >Advance option.
Choose >UEFI Firmware Configurations.
Use the Internet to update your BIOS:
Open the Advanced Mode menu in the BIOS configuration program.
To select an Internet connection type, use the Left/Right key arrow keys and press “Enter”.
Follow all instructions to complete the upgrade.
Reboot the system after the upgrade process has completed.
How do you know if Windows 10 virtualization has been enabled? Windows 10 and Windows 8 users can check by opening Task Manager->Performance. Virtualization will appear as shown in below screenshot. Virtualization indicates that your CPU supports Virtualization.