Have you also faced days where your skin looks flaky, dull, and dry? It happens when the dead skin cells have not rejuvenated by themselves. Exfoliation is the process of removing the dead layer of skin cells with the help of a granular product (like a scrub) or exfoliation tool. These grainy products help remove dead cells, clean up clogged pores, and remove all the dirt from the skin’s surface.
Process of Exfoliation
- Start with washing the face using Lotus Herbals NEEMWASH Neem & Clove Ultra-Purifying Face Wash that is a deep cleansing face wash of Neem and clove and helps remove any dirt or excess oil from the face. The purpose of washing the face before applying scrub is so that any kind of debris, or excess oils are removed and the face is prepped for scrubbing or exfoliation!
- The first step is to pick the right face scrub for your skin type. When you are picking up a face scrub for yourselves, check for what is written on the packaging. The package of the product will always have the face types mentioned, for example, if the product is a scrub for oily skin or the best exfoliator for dry skin. There are a few products that are suitable for all skin types, and work wonders for everyone, like the Lotus Herbals APRISCRUB Apricot Scrub, which is formulated with natural ingredients like Walnut Shells, Cetyl Alcohol, Elder Flower Extracts and Glycerine that helps remove the dead skin cells & blackheads, cleanses the clogged pores and restores the skin moisture. Take a coin-sized amount of the Lotus Herbals APRISCRUB Apricot Scrub on your fingers, and rub the fingers gently against each other. This will help to dim down the granule texture as the scrub may cause abrasion. You can also add a few drops of water and dilute the scrub a little to make it gentler on the face.
- Apply the Lotus Herbals APRISCRUB Apricot Scrub thoroughly on your face, and your neck in circular motions. Be gentle with your touch, do not apply excess pressure on your fingers while massaging. Keep massaging in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions for 30 – 40 seconds.
- After massaging the face and neck thoroughly, now rinse the product off, and pat your skin dry. As soon as the product is rinsed off, you will notice your skin looking more fresh, bright, and glowing. The effects of the product will be shown immediately after scrubbing as it is the best face scrub for glowing skin.
- Once the face is washed and pat dried, you can follow by applying a lotus toner as the process of exfoliation activates and opens the pores. Applying the toner will close the pores and lock the effects of Lotus Herbals APRISCRUB Apricot Scrub.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice a week to make your skin look younger, glowing, and radiant as this process will repair the damaged layer of skin cells.
Benefits of face scrub for women
- Helps unclog the pores and prevents blackheads and whiteheads. It also stops the accumulation of dirt and excess oil on the skin thus preventing acne.
- Scrubbing the face opens up the skin making it more breathable and absorbent. This allows the skin to absorb other skincare products like serums and moisturizers that penetrate the skin better.
- Making use of face scrub improves blood circulation and enhances the blood oxygen levels. This helps in the detoxification of the skin and boosts healthy and glowy skin.
- Scrubbing your face regularly helps achieve soft, firm and smooth skin by removing dead skin. This also improves the radiance of the face.
Face scrub can be used twice or thrice weekly, as Lotus Herbals APRISCRUB Apricot Scrub contains the goodness of walnut shells, cetyl alcohol, elderflower extracts, and glycerine which makes it a great addition to our skincare Read More