How To Avoid Paying Disputed Paypal Transactions. I have used PayPal for a few-years now. I like the security of using PayPal ( Verified Paypal Account for Sale )for online transactions.
However, like most users on the internet, I have experienced some problems with transactions being disputed by PayPal. Usually, these disputes happen when the payment is made or after a long period has passed.
In this post, I would like to share some tips that you can use to protect yourself from becoming a victim of a disputed transaction by PayPal.
- ***Always pay with Paypal***. If you need to make any kind of payment other than using Paypal, always ask your friend/family member/colleague/friend in real life first if they accept payments via Paypal before making your payment as far as possible.
- So that there is no risk of giving away personal information (name, etc.) and also because it will be very difficult for someone else to dispute your transaction if they do not know who you are!
- Know what are acceptable reasons why you can receive money back by Paypal.
The following are examples that I have already encountered and seen on different websites based on my own experience:-
- The payment was sent too late – obviously, no problem, as long as you have proof that the payment was made timely!
- You might want to ask your friend/family member where they were when the payment was sent so that there is no dispute about this matter. Also, please avoid sending confusing messages such as “my wife said she would send me 2 grand” or something similar!!! It is best for both parties to agree beforehand on the acceptable reasons why one party could receive money back from another party who disputes their transaction!
- Bad communication / poor delivery – In these types of cases, both parties must communicate well and clarify details
Paypal Protects Buyers Who Feel Cheated In One Way Or Another When Making A Purchase.
- PayPal Buyer Protection is there to help you if a seller has not lived up to the terms of their listing. Or if you have a problem with an item you have purchased.
- You can use PayPal Buyer Protection in these situations:
- 1. If the item you received significantly differs from what was described as included with your purchase. This will be covered under PayPal Buyer Protection.
All Items Are Covered By Paypal Buyer Protection, Whether Sold Online Or Offline ( Verified Paypal Account for Sale ).
If the seller does not agree to return your funds. You will be asked to open a dispute within six months of the transaction date.
If you’re unhappy with your purchase and want a refund. You can open a dispute by contacting PayPal customer service at 1-888-221-1161 (within North America) or +44 20 7070 2000 (outside North America).
For An Item To Qualify For Protection, It Must Be Shipped To The Address On Your Account.
If a dispute arises and you’re unsure. Whether your item was shipped to the right address.
You can contact PayPal Customer Service at 1-888-988-4673.
They will help you determine if there’s been any damage to the product during transit or if it just needs to be reshipped. But they won’t be able to tell you which party is responsible for shipping costs.
If you are satisfied with their answer, then all that remains is waiting for confirmation from PayPal . That they have refunded your money back into your account within 2 business days (or 3 business days if using a mobile device).
If The Seller Does Not Agree To Return Your Funds.
You Will Be Asked To Open A Dispute Within Six Months Of The Transaction Date.
You can find the information for your transaction in the “Payment History” section of your PayPal account.
- The listing will display the date and amount of each payment you’ve made and any payments from which you were debited.
An issue with a particular payment may appear on this page instead of displaying directly under “Summary.” For example, suppose someone tries to charge back but doesn’t have all their information available at that time (or they might not even realize they’re doing it).
In that case, their transaction won’t be listed here until they contact PayPal support staff and provide proof that they purchased from you—which could take weeks or months!
How To Avoid Paying Disputed Paypal Transactions.
Disputes Can Be Resolved Using Paypal’s Resolution Center, A Forum Where Both Buyer And Seller Can Discuss Their Views On The Matter And Work Towards A Solution.
How To Avoid Paying Disputed Paypal Transactions: PayPal Buyer Protection Policy
PayPal’s buyer protection policy protects both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions. If you think your payment has been reversed by mistake. You can file a dispute with PayPal within 30 days of receiving the item or service.
A member of our customer service team will review your case and get back to you within 24 hours on weekdays (excluding holidays), if possible.
If You Follow These Steps, Your Dispute Will Usually Result In A Refund Or A Replacement Item, If Applicable.
- Contact PayPal’s Buyer Protection team and explain the situation. If it is an eBay purchase, they may ask for additional information about the transaction, such as images of the package or receipt. This will help them determine whether there was fraud in making your order.
- Include all relevant documentation when communicating with PayPal’s Buyer Protection team so that they can better understand what happened during this transaction—for example, copies of emails between yourself and the seller. Photos showing damage caused by shipping. Receipts showing how much money was spent buying something online (eBay only). You can also include any other evidence. That supports your claim (for example, proof from another website stating that there were problems ordering from yours).
How To Avoid Paying Disputed Paypal Transactions. When customers opt-in to PayPal Buyer Protection. They tell us they want to be protected from being charged. For a purchase because of something that was not on their end.
PayPal offers protection to buyers who feel they have been cheated in one way or another when making a purchase. If unsatisfied with your purchased item. We will stand behind your decision and refund the money, minus a 15% restocking fee.
All items are covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. Whether sold online or offline. And some may be eligible for refunds even if you did not ship the item back to us.
For example, items you already returned will generally qualify for a refund under our PayPal Buyer Protection program.
If an item is counterfeit or listed at an incorrect price. We may also cover purchases made using the item. And reverse any transactions. Since you might have been charged shipping fees twice.