Angular JS is used mostly for front-end web development. It is to create an engaging and captivating web front that aids in customer retention, improved interaction, and conversions.
And the latest upgrades ensure developers can achieve it efficiently. While it is no debate whether or not Angular JS is apt for front-end development, it could be a real challenge to hire Angularjs developers.
More so for the reason that Angular has a huge community of developers (freelancers, job seekers, and Angular JS outsourcing companies) and you need to choose the best amongst them.
This article here will guide you through the different stages of finding talented professionals for your Angular JS web app that should help with the hiring process.
Before we help you with the steps of hiring AngularJS programmers, let us walk you through the ways to find Angular developers.
You have multiple engagement types to choose from. Decide which one works best for your project, to begin with.
- Permanent type
- Outsource to a dedicated team
- Hire offshore developers
Based on the type of employment you choose to go with, you need to search for prospective candidate profiles.
Here are a few mentioned sites for your reference.
- Permanent type – Job portals like Indeed, Monster, Naukri, Glassdoor, CareerBuilder, and social networking sites for professionals like LinkedIn.
- Freelancers – Upwork, Toptal, Dribble, Behance, LinkedIn, Facebook.
- Outsource to a dedicated team ‘or’ Hire offshore developers – Search engines, LinkedIn, recommendations, Clutch, Individual websites.
You will find plenty of prospective portfolios from the mentioned sources as per your choice of employment type. Make sure you go through their portfolio and check their online presence, past work experience, skills, educational accomplishments, etc. to shortlist the best candidates for interview.
Furthermore, look into the method of hiring AngularJS resources elaborately.
A job description is a vital piece of information that can get you started with the hunt for the right Angular JS developer. It includes all the roles and responsibilities of an AngularJS developer that one is expected to perform, skills needed to perform these tasks, and most importantly experience.
- Creating modules and components.
- Developing interactive and engaging user interfaces.
- REST API development.
- Building front-end elements.
- Unit testing and error resolution to fix various issues.
Freshers/ Entry level –
- Utilize various JS, Angular, and TypeScript libraries.
- Familiarity with AJAX/ XML.
- Experience with CSS precompilers like Saas, LESS.
- Soft skills like communication skills, team player, positive attitude, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Aware of SEO compliance for single-page applications (SPA).
- All the skills of entry-level AngularJS programmers.
- Creating engaging visual elements and fast FPS (frames per second).
- Validate user actions.
- Using advanced techniques and writing non-blocking codes.
- Creating front-end infrastructures.
- Unit testing.
- Creating CIE B scripts.
- Skills of an entry-level and mid-level AngularJS expert.
- Experience with browser APIs.
- Work with complex REST architecture.
- Manage sockets.
- Implementing TypeScript features such as enums, generic type, decorators, unions, etc.
- Leadership skills, client handling skills.
Use these points to create an elaborate job description copy. Besides these, you also need to mention the type of employment, job title, number of open positions, expected salary, expectations, goals, etc.
Technical interviews are usually sectioned into two parts. However, it completely depends on your project needs and you can custom-create these accordingly.
Interview the candidate –
There are plenty of things you can ask a candidate right from their technical know-how to their experience with Angular JS, their responsibilities in the previous organization, and so on.
It is best to prepare a questionnaire of important questions that can help you decide if the candidate is suitable or not for your organization.
Test coding efficiency –
It is not enough to ask them questions about the technology and hire AngularJS programmers. Instead, you can ask them to write pieces of code to ensure they have the hands-on experience mentioned in their CV.
You can set up a similar environment they are expected to code in and see how they rise through the challenges. It should help you with the decision-making.
It is to note that the technical rounds are to be conducted by senior Angular JS experts as they will have a better understanding of what to ask and what one should have knowledge of.
Based on the candidate’s portfolio and their performance in the further rounds of the interview, one can select the best option.
The next important step is to negotiate the paycheck with the candidate/ AngularJS development company. A business has to think of the budget they can spare on a resource based on their level of skills and expertise.
The candidate also has the right to negotiate the offer extended to him/her. Both parties should be transparent about this and decide on what works best in their interest.
Subsequently, these methods should help you find AngualrJS programmers for your next web application. Consider these points and make an informed decision.
Summary: The success of your AngularJS web app project relies heavily on the developer you hire. And one wrong decision can cost your website’s performance hugely. Thus, hiring decision is critical and this article can help you with that.