Eye shadow boxes have been making a comeback in recent years, and for good reason. They are beautiful and make a great gift. But if you’re thinking of making one yourself, there are a few things you need to know first. In this blog post, we will teach you how to make an eye shadow box successfully, step by step. Let us help you create the perfect gift for your loved ones!
How To Create A Gorgeous Eye Shadow Box With An Interesting, Personal Story
Creating an eye shadow boxes is a great way to display your personal makeup collection and also make it look more interesting. This craft can be done quickly and easily with just a few supplies, and the finished product will look beautiful on your vanity or nightstand. Here are the steps you need to follow to create a stunning eye shadow box:
1. Choose the fabric you want to use for your box’s cover. You can choose any material that you like, as long as it’s durable enough to hold up to daily wear and tear.
2. Trace the outline of your fabric onto some cardboard or paper, and then cut out the shape. Make sure that the edges of your template are even, as this will help ensure that your cover looks uniform when it’s finished.
3. Paint or spray adhesive around the edge of your template, and then attach it to the front side of your chosen fabric using needle and thread. Do not pull too tightly – you only need enough adhesive to keep the fabric in place while you seam it together later on.
4. Sew around the edge of your template using a zigzag stitch, making sure to leave a 1-inch hole at one end so that you can turn over your cover later on (this is where you’ll add your personal story).
5. Once everything is sewn together, flip over your cover so that the adhesives are facing downwards and press them gently into place with a
Tips for Making Eye Shadow Boxes
There is no need to be intimidated by creating eye shadow boxes. With a few basic tips, you can create beautiful boxes that are perfect for storing and displaying your eye shadows.
Choose a sturdy container. Eye shadow boxes should be sturdy so that they can hold up to regular wear and tear. A good option is a cosmetic box or jar.
Decide on the layout of your box. You can have one large compartment or divide the space into multiple small compartments.
Choose your colors carefully. Make sure to choose colors that will look great together when put together as an ensemble.
Create labels for each shadow. Add simple labels like “inner eyes” or “outer corner.” This will help you keep track of which shade goes where in the box.
How to Make an Eye Shadow Box
To make an eye shadow box, start by gathering your materials. You will need a small box that is at least 3 inches wide by 2 inches deep and 1 inch tall. You will also need several different colors of eye shadow, a brush, and a mirror.
To begin, fill the small box with one color of eye shadow. Use the brush to apply the shadow evenly to the lid and crease of your eye. Use the mirror to check that the color is evenly applied. If it isn’t, use the brush to remix the color until it is perfect.
Next, add another color of eye shadow to the palette and repeat steps 2 and 3. Be sure to mix up the shadows so that everyones eyeshadow looks different. Once all of your shadows are finished, store them in an airtight container for later use.
How to Assemble Your Eye Shadow Box
The ultimate way to organize and display your eye shadow is with an eye shadow box! Here’s how to assemble one:
1. Decide the layout of your eye shadow box. You can have a basic, minimalistic style or go all out with lots of colorful compartments.
2. Buy or make a beautiful wooden casing for your box.
3. Collect all of your eye shadows in a bag or container. Make sure each color is represented!
4. Select a lid to fit the desired layout of your eyeshadow box and glue it on top of the wooden casing using a strong adhesive (like Gorilla Glue). If you’re using multiple lids, make sure they’re evenly spaced across the top of the case so you can easily access each color as needed.
5. Now it’s time for the fun part! Arrange your eyeshadows by color on the lid according to how you want them to be displayed in the box. Be creative and have fun with this project!
If you’re looking for a fun, easy way to spruce up your makeup collection, make eye shadow boxes! You can create them using any type of box that will hold your eyeshadow properly (i.e., not the bottom of a shoe box), and they are perfect for recommending to friends as unique and personalized gifts. Plus, if you happen to make a few too many and don’t have enough storage space for all of them, they can easily be stored in a drawer or closet. Enjoy!