One of the recent innovations that have taken place in the tech world is LCD displays, and ever since then, they are widely used all over the globe.
So what are actually LCD displays? LCD display or bar LCD display is a flat-panel display or any other electronically modified optical device that uses the light-modulating properties of liquid crystals which are combined with polarizers. Liquid crystals do not have the capability to emit light directly instead, they use a backlight or reflector to produce images in color or monochrome.
Reasons why bar styled LCD display is better (features)
Bar styled LCD displays are customizable according to the wants and needs of a consumer meaning the brightness can be enhanced for outdoor environments up to 3000nits high bright. They can be used as monitors or displays, LCD panels, and touch panels all according to the needs of the user.
Some of the key reasons that make stretched LCDs and bar-styled LCD displays a better device are listed below.
- Compact and lightweight – Stretched displays are extremely compact and lightweight, their size on an average ranges from 10″ to 49″. The stretched bar display has a slim design and can complement any interior as it is light and visually appealing. Moreover, they are compatible both in landscape and portrait mode providing high contrast, and high brightness quality picture which greatly improves the layering of the picture.
- No glare – Virtually all LCDs are designed with a glass screen that minimizes glare. When a light — artificial or natural — strikes the screens of a traditional display, it can create a blinding glare that restricts visual clarity. Hence the individual looking at the screen faces difficulty in clearly seeing the contents of the screen. But due to the glass screen of LCDs, they don’t suffer from this problem. This offers a crystal-clear image that protects from blinding glares.
- Energy efficiency – One of the main priorities in the case of a gadget is its efficiency. A bar-type LCD display checks that box by offering high efficiency. An aluminum substrate is being used in the case of LCD display which helps easy and effective absorption of heat thus causing a reduction in the light decay of the led lamp. Besides, lower energy consumption means a lower cost of usage. LCDs don’t consume as much energy as other displays, resulting in cheaper monthly utility bills for consumers and business owners.
- Lasts longer – Most LCD displays have a lifespan that ranges from 30,000 to 60,000 hours, which is equivalent to 5 years to 7 years when the display is used everyday for 24 hours. Now if the display is used for 8 hours a day for 5 days a week, then the lifespan of the display will range somewhere around 10 years to 20 years. The backlight’s life expectancy is the biggest factor which determines the lifespan of the LCD display. This is possible because liquid crystals do not give off light from themselves, rather the liquid crystals depend on the backlight for illuminating them. So, the stretched LCD display wears off only when the backlights dim as it reaches its maximum lifespan.
- Low response time of the stretched bar display – The response time incase of display bars refers to the speed at which each pixel of the liquid crystal display responds to the input signal. In simpler terms, the time taken by the pixel to change from dark to bright or from bright to dark. Incase of stretched bar display , there will be no tail shadow dragging feeling while watching dynamic pictures.
- High functionality – The bar LCD display not only displays high-definition images but also can be customized into an interactive screen with an additional touch function. There are basically two kinds of customized stretched bar LCD touch screens available in the market, which are infrared touch and capacitive touch. Their main functions can be listed as touch selection, multipoint writing, interaction between human and machine interaction. The customization scheme incase of stretched bar LCD touch display is flexible and can be produced according to the requirements of the customer. It can be customized in different sizes, different structures (wall-mounted, vertical, hanging, embedded), different stretched bar LCD touch screens with different system display schemes (pure display scheme, Android scheme, Windows scheme, LINUX scheme).
Areas where the bar styled LCD display is used
With the consistent advancement in technology, the use of LCD displays has become more prominent in almost every sector.
Bar-style LCD can be widely seen used as public transportation displays, including route displays onboard trains, streetcars, and busses, advertising displays in airports, bus stations, and train stations. They can also be seen mounted on top of taxi cabs as mobile ad space. They are also used as information Screens, and cash displays in sectors of digital signage retail. This type of display is also used publicly in vending machines and at home thay rae seen to be used as displays of coffee achines, and cookers.
Bar styled display are an useful invention in the field of technology, as they are way better than traditional displays. They use way less energy and lasts for a longer period of time, thus making them a cost effective option. Almost all sectors have switched to this type of display, proving the likeabilty of it.