The choice of fabric is one of the most crucial decisions for your big day as the whole bridal appearance depends on it. It is something that you have dreamt of since you were young. When it comes to the most important dress in a girl’s life, not only does the look matter but the colour, the weave, the weight, the look and the weather also have their own significance. And the combination of the best of these should fit in your budget, which is also a challenge. An ordinary man will find his heart swooning as he walks into a fabric store, but not from joy; more from looking at the choices that he has to make from so many options and patterns, designs, colours and shades. A man would definitely cancel the wedding if he has to do so but girls are delighted to see so many options and they can shop for hours to find that perfect match for them.
A list of fabrics is there with the most suitable fabrics that can make you versatile and timeless. A few of them are:
- ORGANZA: One of the hottest-selling fabrics for this season. In terms of properties, it has all the qualities that you want in your wedding outfit. It is lightweight with a rich texture and the lustre brings a vibrance with sophistication. Because of its sheerness and feathery touch, organza has a better structure and forms a firm silhouette. Traditionally it was made from silk but these days there are so many synthetic options also available which are budget-friendly also. Organza is mainly used for the overlays or making dramatic sleeves or long dupatta veils adding fullness and it doesn’t increase the weight of the outfit also. It is a great option for that whimsical fairytale moment.
- VELVET: The grand majestic look is created when any bride wears velvet. One it is an evergreen beauty topping the charts and it looks elegant because of its soft and smooth texture and the ethereal aura that it creates. In earlier days, only royals use to wear velvet, now it is available for everyone. The regal fabric is to be found in so many colours in all major Indian fabric stores within a range that suits your pocket. So if you are willing to elevate your look in those chilly winter weddings then, velvet is for you.
- Chiffon: Chiffon is a lightweight, soft and flowy fabric. Mostly it is used for layering up and any pattern can easily be embroidered on this fabric. Whether it is Zardosi, zari work, chikankari, mirror, sequence, or Resham thread embroidery and you just name it and it is possible to do so. It is an all-weather fabric and one of the favourites among designers. The layering up adds a little weight but then at weddings who care about weight? It is the royal look that matters the most and Chiffon is the answer to it. Also, so many varieties are available in a wider price range that you select according to your pocket.
- Georgette: The next in line that never disappoints any bride is Georgette. The graceful fabric is known for its soft and flowy texture and feathery touch. The symmetrical falls looks exquisite. From mehendi-haldi outfit to wedding lehengas, anarkalis, the fabric can elevate any look with it’s delicateness and style. The semi-sheer fabric will add quirkyness to our outfits. You can find a variety of options in terms of designs, colours, embroideries in an affordable price.
- Silk: When the word wedding pops in mind, one of the outfits has to be made with silk. The fabric for its shine and lustre, most traditional and a timeless beauty. Suitable for both summers and winters, the silk silhouette brings a glamorous appeal for a distinctive look. The indian fabric stores are full of so many varieties from raw silk, silk taffeta, crepe silk to silks blends. Silk fabric is an alluring choice with flowy fabric. The silk lehengas can be teamed with heavy and dramatic blouses with embellished patterns, motifs, etc. There are a plethora of shades available in all budget ranges. The choice depends on you.
- Net : Another appealing fabric is net. It is generally used for making dupattas or top layers of embellished skirts for adding another dimension to it. A net detailing adds an oomph and your fine sense of styling. For long veils, one can opt for net fabric as they are lightweight and comfortable. You can find various economical options.
Select the fabric that cater to all your needs. Although the wedding outfit matters the most but it can be designed in a cost-effective manner also. In this fast-paced world, trends come and go, so going in medium range can be beneficial as you will never wear the outfit again. As you are equipped with so much knowledge and research, go for the fabric which your heart says and that defines your personality.