A unique strategy is needed to capture the eyes of millions. Otherwise it is difficult for a brand to persist in the mind of their consumers. One such strategy is branded content marketing, which allows the brand to stand out in the market.
Yes, content marketing is a truly creative solution capable of evoking consumer emotion, and more importantly, boosting ROI. But what exactly is branded content? To find the answer continue reading this blog, as here, we have included every detail you need to know about branded content marketing.
Branded content: Its definition
Branded content marketing is a marketing approach that entails the development of creative content associated with a brand. It certainly has nothing to do with explicitly marketing the brand to clients but rather with supporting them in creating connections with it. Customers linked with this shared value with the brand aids in the development of brand awareness.
Unlike traditional advertisements, branded content motivates people to discuss about the brand. It’s also not the same as content marketing, which is of a broader notion. Instead, branded content marketing concentrates on a specific type of content as part of a marketing strategy.
Characteristics of Branded Content
A few characteristics of branded content are listed below to help you understand it better.
- This type of marketing promotes the qualitative facet of a brand. It does not concentrate on highlighting products or services.
- It ignites discussion about the brand. Success of this marketing strategy is determined by the number of users speaking about the brand.
- For branded content marketing, the idea is to produce content that customers would like to consume. As a result, the content is created for customers’ amusement.
- This kind of marketing does not shout loud about the brand name. Rather, it creates a strong emotional connection with the audience.
- Storytelling about the brand is a vital part of this strategy, and this story includes a protagonist.
- Branded content is free from rigidity. It is customizable in many ways like video, podcasts, and video games. It might be a mix of several forms of content used to explain the brand’s history.
Examples of Branded Content
We’ve gathered a few examples of branded content marketing to help you understand it better.
- Hershey’s campaign Meethe Bahane: This ad campaign by Hershey began in July 2018. The campaign goal was to show parents how to add a delightful touch to regular dishes that kids often miss. With over 2 million engagements and 90 million impressions, this digital campaign touched over 12 million customers.
- Red Bull: Felix Baumgartner’s jump from the stratosphere, at 38,969 meters, is another example of Red Bull’s successful branded content marketing. It became so well-known around the world that the advertising revenue tripled the initial investment.
Advantages of Branded Content marketing
There are numerous brands to choose from, in the market. Therefore, promoting your brand’s uniqueness is the only way to stay competitive. You can develop a unique story to advertise and grow your business with the support of a renowned branding agency in India. This sort of marketing is beneficial, as the following points will demonstrate.
- Overnight success: An incredible story can propel your brand to fame overnight. How? Such advertising is quickly shared, and your business can reach millions of people in a short period.
- Share the value of your brand with your customers: When you use this form of marketing to advertise your business, you have the opportunity to send out positive messages. You have the scope to tell a story that embodies the values you want your brand to represent. You can take this opportunity to make your brand memorable to the customers.
- Easy to engage the audience: This type of campaign can connect with the audience very intimately. Therefore, you can expect a response from the customers.
- Can enhance website traffic: An effective Branded Content marketing campaign can also increase website visitors. As a result, you can anticipate a rise in the number of potential customers.
Methods to create meaningful Branded Content
You must focus on promoting your brand distinctively and appealingly to build it. As a result, you must understand how to develop high-quality Branded Content. Read on for the ideas that any seasoned branding services provider in India would suggest.
- Relevant and useful content is required: A meaningful story is at the heart of successful Branded Content marketing. As a result, you cannot compromise on quality in any manner. Most importantly, you must determine the best method for representing your ideas. Also, keep in mind that the goal of such campaigns is to achieve your objectives. As a result, the content must be relevant to your brand.
- Choose the right platform: Not every platform is appropriate for the advertisement you’ve created. So you’ll need to do some research to identify the best platform for you. The question is, how can you determine which platform is best? Choose the one that your target audience prefers. After all, you need to get in touch with them.
- Increase the content’s visibility: You must share your content in such a way that it receives the most views possible. As a result, you must carefully consider how your content will be promoted. You must plan effectively to increase the visibility of the content and this way you can make this campaign a success.
- Unique content: Make certain that the story you’re about to tell is original and meaningful. There are millions of other examples set by your competitors available. Only by making your ads distinctive can you truly stand out.
Branded content marketing could be another marketing strategy to help you promote your business. However, because of its distinct features, it is an excellent approach to raising brand awareness among your clients. In addition, your brand can become successful without ever focusing on any of its products, due to an engaging story. So, it is undoubtedly a way to distinguish your brand in a crowded market.